FULL TIME Senior Water Design Engineer – Perth, Western Australia.
Syrinx Environmental PL (Syrinx) is a high-end multidisciplinary company, integrating science, engineering and design disciplines to deliver a diversity of projects in urban, rural and industrial settings. With offices in both Perth and Launceston, Syrinx is at the forefront of sustainability, restoration ecology and environmental design nationally, and operates from a basis of integration, environmental ethics and project excellence with a client base derived from both the public and private sectors. We offer a unique and innovative service that provides a total solution-based outcome for the client.
The Syrinx philosophy is based on self-motivated and self-managed teams while fostering a fun, flexible and learning environment. We need our project team members to enjoy problem solving, lateral thinking and be able to effectively apply scientific and engineering principles to achieve innovative and practical outcomes.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Water Design Engineer who can work on a diverse range of tasks in a multidisciplinary team, including landscape architects and ecological designers.
The successful candidate will drive or provide technical input and assist in delivery of projects in the areas of water and wastewater treatment and reuse, integrated resources management, green infrastructure design, hydrologic and hydraulic studies. He or she will also use their existing networks to help develop and grow the business.
Key components of the job include the following:
- Design of various water related systems and infrastructure such as: rainwater harvesting systems, stormwater treatment systems, alternative water supply infrastructure and passive wastewater treatment technologies.
- Modelling system performance and designing civil and hydraulic components.
- Preparation of engineering drawings, specification and costs estimates.
- Feasibility analysis of alternative water supply sources, as part of an Integrated ResourceManagement approach.
- Provision of recommendations for alternative energy systems that would complement theoperation of water related systems.
- Construction supervision and management of projects or project components.
- Managing contract documentation, material procurement and contract administration.
- Preparation of bids and pricing of works.
- Preparation of contract documentation and tendering of physical works.
- Mentoring junior staff.
- Undertaking internal technical reviews of, and verification checks on, analyses, reportsmodelling and designs.
- Provision of technical inputs/advice to all project teams in the company if and whenrequired.
REQUIREMENTS / SELECTION CRITERIA
The selected candidate will possess:
- Demonstrated prior experience in either a similar or related role.
- At least seven (7) years industry experience with a focus in water resource management,design and planning of alternative water/ wastewater treatment and reuse systems,hydrology and hydraulics, and water quality assessment.
- Involvement with preliminary design, detailed design, construction and commissioning ofwater systems.
- A tertiary qualification in civil/environmental engineering, hydrology orsimilar qualification(s).
- Proficiency in water balance, hydrologic and hydraulic modelling and assessmenttechniques, Microsoft Excel, and a working knowledge of GIS systems.
- Proven experience with engineering drawing (AutoCAD) and experience with 3D designsoftware such as AutoCAD Civil3D.
- Demonstrated experience in lateral thinking, problem solving, application of scientificengineering principles, particularly within the context of integrated sustainableinfrastructure design.
- Demonstrated high level communication skills including oral communication, report writingand written presentation skills.
- Proven experience in project management, tender preparation, costing and contractadministration.
- Knowledge of relevant industry design standards and guidelines.
- Credibility and an excellent track record with clients on previous projects.
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Residency status in Australia.
Please send your cover letter, addressing the position’s requirements, and curriculum vitae via email@example.com