The EnPhytoBox® is a mobile, IoT enabled, nature-based water treatment technology that is:
- modular, versatile and adaptable – remotely deployable across various locations and pollutant types.
- scalable and sustainable – zero waste, renewable energy powered, uses no hazardous chemicals.
- resilient and robust – facilitates climate resilience in remote communities, enables continuous remote control and monitoring
- impactful – provides a source of reuse water to support irrigation for local economies.
The EnPhytoBox® is a sustainable, impactful, natural, low carbon solution that can help treat wastewater and polluted water sources for local reuse.
Sustainable: small footprint, low energy use and renewable energy powered, zero waste (media and plants harvested for reuse), no hazardous chemicals.
Versatile: can treat different pollutant types and wastewater streams, including mining, industrial, agricultural, polluted groundwater and surface waters.
Adaptable: components and media types can be readily adjusted and changed to suit a change to wastewater type or composition.
Circular: the whole unit and/or individual components can be removed and repurposed at ‘end of need’.
Climate resilient: distributed units can help overcome risks associated with assuring water quality for reuse or environmental discharge and providing a clean water source during drought and floods.
- can be readily moved to where most needed and are readily repurposed by swapping out components e.g. from treatment for reuse in droughts to treatment of sewage overflows in natural disasters such as floods,
- can be used as stand-alone or supplementary systems for larger centralised wastewater treatment plants,
- in remote sites, units can be used to draw down high water levels in contaminated storage dams, to prevent overflows and environmental contamination.
Download the EnPhytoBox® Brochure for more details.